ESCAPE-pain is currently running in over 240 sites. Classes are run in a variety of locations from hospital physiotherapy departments to leisure centres and gyms, from church halls to community centres.
New sites starting soon
We also have several sites starting soon in various locations around the country. See below if they fall into your local area. For more information on these sites please enter their postcode into our site map below and then click on the blue icon that appears. This will give you further information on how to join a class etc.
Monday 4 November
- Godalming Leisure Centre, Surrey, GU7 3BH
- Exeter Trampoline Academy - Alex Reader Fitness, Exeter, EX2 5GL
- YMCA Newtown, Southampton, SO14 0AW
- I Can Therapy Centre, Andover, SP10 4AJ
- Canalside Healthcare Centre, Bingley, BD16 4RP
Tuesday 5 November
- Moors Valley Country Park and Forest, Verwood, BH24 2ET
- St Pauls Community Sports Academy, Bristol, BS2 9NH
Wednesday 6 November
- Vivacity Regional Fitness & Indoor Swimming Centre, Peterborough, PE1 5BW
Monday 11 November
- Dance Studio/Group Room at Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub, Warrington, WA2 8HE
- Gym at Wolves, Warrington, WA2 7NE
- LED Ottery Leisure Centre, Ottery Saint Mary, EX11 1QW
- Woolston Community Centre, Southampton, SO19 9FU
- Sparkhill Pool and Fitness Centre - WOMEN'S ONLY group, Birmingham, B11 4EA
Tuesday 12 November
- Bishop Auckland Hospital, Bishop Auckland, DL14 6AD
- Totton Health and Leisure, Southampton, SO40 3GX
- Airedale General Hospital, Keighley, BD20 6TD
We update this map weekly so if you can't find a site near you today keep checking here for newer updates or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to use the map:
1. Using the zoom buttons on the bottom left of the map, navigate to your local area/town and zoom in to see what sites and organisations are delivering the ESCAPE-pain programme nearest to you.
- If you would prefer to search by postcode or town/city name you can click on the square in the top right hand corner of the map and this allows you to view a larger map.
- On the larger map you can type in your postcode/town/city and this will automatically zoom into that area for you.
2. Each icon on the map represents one site:
- A green map icon means the site is ACTIVE
- A blue map icon means the site is STARTING SOON - the planned start date is listed too.
3. Click on the icon to find the site details including name, address, postcode and how you can join the programme.
4. Each site will have their own process of how you can join the programme.
This is called the referral pathway. Some sites have provided us with more information but generally there are three types of referrals:
- clinical referrals only - this normally means that you need to be referred into the class by either a GP, Physiotherapist or Consultant.
- self-referrals only - this normally means that you can request to join a class without needing to see a GP, Physiotherapist or Consultant first, however the facilitator may still need to asses that you are eligible to attend before confirming your place on the programme.
- clinical referrals and self-referrals
...we always recommend ringing the site directly to find out more about how you can join the class and its eligibility criteria.
5. Once you know what type of referral your local site accepts you will then know if you can sign-up to the class on your own (self-referral), or if you require a GP/Physiotherapy referral into the class (clinical referral).
For any queries please contact our team on email@example.com
Web page last updated: 4 November 2019
Web page last reviewed: 4 November 2019