e-Learning resources for sites/providers
We are delighted to announce the launch of two new, free and interactive ESCAPE-pain e-learning resources we have developed with Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare.
The resources are aimed at prospective ESCAPE-pain sites/providers but can also be useful as a refresher for those who have had a gap between attending their ESCAPE-pain facilitator training and delivering the programme.
The first session is aimed at helping interested providers determine how ESCAPE-pain may fit within their organisation and to begin the process towards implementation. The second session is aimed at professionals (healthcare professionals and exercise instructors) who plan to deliver the programme and become ESCAPE-pain facilitators.
Each e-Learning session takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete, with the aim of improving providers’ understanding of what the programme involves and to prepare for the facilitator training.
Please note that eligible facilitators will still need to attend the ESCAPE-pain training in order to deliver the programme.
Session 1: Are you ESCAPE-pain ready?
Session 2: Preparing for ESCAPE-pain training
- The core tenets of the ESCAPE-pain programme
- The evidence base and cost effectiveness
- How to resource the programme and implementation resources
- Participant eligibility criteria, data collection, recruitment and retention
- Online tools and resources
- How to become an ESCAPE-pain facilitator
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions and what good MSK health means
- Key facts regarding knee and hip osteoarthritis and back pain, including information around prevalence, persistent pain and NICE guidelines
- Theoretical foundations of the ESCAPE-pain programme and the biopsychosocial perspective
- ESCAPE-pain for knees and hips and ESCAPE-pain for backs programmes, including clinical efficacy, participant eligibility criteria, contraindications for exercise and red flags
The e-Learning resources were commissioned by the Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) and developed by Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare, in collaboration with ESCAPE-pain and the Health Innovation Network.
Accessing the e-Learning resources
For more information about the programme, including how to access the e-Learning resources, please contact the ESCAPE-pain team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last reviewed: 30 October 2020. Page last updated: 30 October 2020. Next review date: January 2021