Useful links: Healthy Living
NHS Eatwell Guide
- Visit the website for some more general tips on eating a healthy, balanced diet. This is an important part of maintaining good health, and can help you feel your best. This means eating a wide variety of foods in the right proportions, and consuming the right amount of food and drink to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Find out more about your 5 a day and drinking plenty of fluids.
British Dietetic Association
- There is a Food Fact Sheet dedicated to the most common arthritic condition, osteoarthritis. The guidance here focuses on the role diet has in managing symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Read the guidance on the Versus Arthritis website.
- In these pages they look specifically at the link between diet and Osteoarthritis.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
NHS Talking Therapies
- You can access Talking Therapies on the NHS.
NHS Every Mind Matters
NHS Mental Health and Wellbeing
- The website also has separate information on where to get urgent help for mental health.
Mental Health Foundation
- Have a range of useful resources for looking after your mental health.
- Their information hub provides advice on how to support your mental wellbeing.
- To enable people to find the help and support they need Arthritis Action have created a mental health directory, showing mental health organisations by county. Many of the NHS IAPT teams across the UK are listed as well as local Mind hubs and an array of other charitable organisations and services offering help and support to people experiencing mental health difficulties.
Rethink Mental Illness
The Mindfulness app
Stop, Breathe and Think
ESCAPE-pain, Health Unlocked: Arthritis Action and Versus Arthritis
Health Unlocked: Arthritis Action is a large social network for health, with 1 million members across the globe, and growing. They connect people with the same health conditions, where they can share experiences and get answers to questions about their chronic conditions and wellbeing needs – empowering people with knowledge for enhanced self-care. This link is to their Arthritis Action page which has over 5,000 members.
Versus Arthritis is an online community for people living with arthritis and people caring and supporting those living with arthritis to share experiences and ask questions. A safe space for people living with arthritis to access and give support.
Move More Sheffield: Active at Home
- If you know someone who would benefit from reading this booklet, why not print and post them a copy. You can download the booklet from their website.
- Fonthill House Care Home have published a guide entitled ‘Home activities: Which are the best for elderly wellbeing’ to provide support to the elderly in lockdown’. Although the guide is written with care home residents in mind the tips can be used by all and are particularly aimed at activities that can be done at home including creative arts for the mind, guided meditation and seated exercises.