Useful links: Joint Pain
- Read the guidance on Osteoarthritis.
- Read the guidance on back pain.
- Read the Lets move for surgery: Surgery toolkit.
- They also have information specifically on how to manage your pain at home.
- Versus Arthritis also have a dedicated free helpline 0800 5200 520 open Monday–Friday, 9am–6pm. The advisors bring together information and advice about arthritis into one place to provide tailored support. Find out more about the helpline.
Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- The CSP published resources to support people self-managing their musculoskeletal conditions. These resources are supported by NHS England and NHS Improvement as part of the MSK leadership group which also includes the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA), the British Society for Rheumatology (BSR), the CSP, Versus Arthritis and the Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA). The resources cover shoulder pain, neck pain, back pain, elbow pain, hand pain, hip pain, knee pain, ankle pain, foot pain and pain management.
- Read their tips for managing your hip pain.
- Read their tips for managing your knee pain.
- Read their tips for managing your back pain.
- ESCAPE-pain Facebook page.
- ESCAPE-pain East of England Facebook page.
- Health Unlocked: Arthritis Action.
Health Unlocked: Arthritis Action is a large social network for health, with 1 million members across the globe, and growing. They connect people with the same health conditions, where they can share experiences and get answers to questions about their chronic conditions and wellbeing needs – empowering people with knowledge for enhanced self-care. This link is to their Arthritis Action page which has over 5,000 members.
Versus Arthritis is an online community for people living with arthritis and people caring and supporting those living with arthritis to share experiences and ask questions. A safe space for people living with arthritis to access and give support.