ESCAPE-pain is a rehabilitation programme for people with chronic joint pain, that integrates educational self-management and coping strategies with an exercise regimen individualised for each participant. It helps people understand their condition, teaches them simple things they can help themselves with, and takes them through a progressive exercise programme so they learn how to cope with pain better.
Robust evaluation shows that ESCAPE-pain:
- Reduces pain
- Improves physical function
- Improves the psychosocial consequences of pain
- Reduces healthcare and utilisation costs.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CIMSPA Accreditation - ESCAPE-pain training has been accredited by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity and now forms part of their Skills Development Partner network.
- My Story - Arlene Rowe used to suffer from terrible pain because of her Osteoarthritis (OA), and found her life becoming more and more restrictive. Read her story and hear her explain the transformative impact that ESCAPE-pain has had on her physical and mental wellbeing.