1. Dr Paul Bowen, a GP in Cheshire, talks about the ESCAPE-pain programme that is being delivered in his local area, and how it can help improve the lives of people living with osteoarthritis/chronic joint pain. Read the full news article here.
2. ESCAPE-pain identified as one of the top 5 case studies in a RAND Europe report commissioned by Public Health England to review the current landscape of health and wellbeing interventions available to employers.i
3. ESCAPE-pain featured in NIHR themed review of musculoskeletal recommendations - ESCAPE-pain has been showcased in the latest NIHR Dissemination Centre report 'Moving Forward'. The report highlights the importance of physiotherapy in improving and reducing the negative effects associated with musculoskeletal conditions. ESCAPE-pain has been commended for its improvement of patient-care and its encouragement of self-care.
4. Better Care for Osteoarthritis - watch this new promotional video produced by one of our leisure sector providers, Everybody Sport & Recreation Limited, and see their website for further details.
5. ESCAPE-pain have published an article Tackling inactivity and osteoarthritis through a health and community leisure partnership in Perspectives in Public Health Volume 138 Issue 4, July 2018
6. CIMSPA Accreditation - ESCAPE-pain training has been accredited by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity and now forms part of their Skills Development Partner network.
7. Arthritis becomes a public health priority in England: Public Health England have identified musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions as one of its new priority programmes. Read the full article here.
8. My Story - Arlene Rowe used to suffer from terrible pain because of her Osteoarthritis (OA), and found her life becoming more and more restrictive. Read her story and hear her explain the transformative impact that ESCAPE-pain has had on her physical and mental wellbeing.
Please find below, copies of our archived ESCAPE-pain newsletters by month and year. If you should have any questions regarding previous content or would like to make suggestions for future editions please do contact us at email@example.com