- 29 December 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured as an article in the Worcester News, 'Beat the January blues with new exercise class'.
- 26 December 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured in the Redditch Standard, 'New classes for people with arthritis to launch in Redditch'.
- 22 December 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured as an article in the Bromsgrove Advertiser, 'Help for osteoarthritis sufferers in Bromsgrove'.
- 12 December 2019: ESCAPE-pain article 'A programme to empower people to manage their musculoskeletal conditions has expanded to Carnforth' featured on the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust website.
- November 2019: Featured within the article ‘Overcoming major challenges with innovative solutions’ in the Occupational Therapy News (OTnews) November Issue on page 52. The magazine is the official monthly magazine of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) and membership is required to access the full article.
- 27 November 2019: Featured article in the Westmorland Gazette, ‘Physiotherapists running programme to help patients self-manage joint pain’.
- Mentioned in a piece in the Wellston Journal by pain expert, Jonathan Gornall, ‘How you can beat pain’.
- 22 November 2019: Guest blog on Wessex AHSN website from ESCAPE-pain facilitator Chloe Davanna, Sport & Physical Activity Officer at Winchester City Council. Chloe explains the ease of implementing the ESCAPE-pain programme at a Winchester leisure centre.
- 14 November 2019: Featured article in the Cumbria Crack, ‘Physiotherapists are helping local people to manage their musculoskeletal conditions’.
- 14 November 2019: Featured as a news item on the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust website ‘Physiotherapists are helping local people to manage their musculoskeletal conditions’.
- 13 November 2019: Arthritis sufferer wins Customer Hero award at the Everybody Awards after joining ESCAPE-pain programme. Read more about it here.
- 9 November 2019: ESCAPE-pain participant case study featured in the Saints V Everton football match programme.
- 7 November 2019: ESCAPE-pain class in Portsmouth featured in the Community Leisure UK newsletter.
- 1 November 2019: The Physiotherapy Department of East Coast Community Healthcare CIC won an Innovation Award for their delivery of the ESCAPE-pain programme at their organisation’s staff awards for 2019.
- October 2019: Featured in the Arthritis Action website directory for ‘Exercise and Activity’.
- October 2019: News article on Health Innovation Network (HIN) website ‘ESCAPE-pain trains 1000 facilitators to help people living with osteoarthritis in boost to out-of-hospital care'.
- 24 October 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured as an article on the St George’s, University of London website – ‘NHS includes award-winning pain rehabilitation programme in its long term plan’.
- 24 October 2019: "ESCAPE-pain trains 1000 facilitators to help people living with osteoarthritis in boost to out-of-hospital care". This month the ESCAPE-pain programme trained its 1000th facilitator. Read more about this milestone here.
- 18 October 2019: News article ‘ESCAPE-pain rehabilitation comes to Portsmouth’ on the Express FM (local Portsmouth radio station) website.
- 18 October 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured on Express FM (local Portsmouth radio station) during the breakfast show when Mason Jordan interviewed Jane, an ESCAPE-pain participant from Mountbatten Leisure Centre, and Emma George, Health and Fitness Manager from BH Live Active. During the evening show Chris Pearce interviewed Marion Gower, a physiotherapist from Solent NHS Trust. BH Live Active and Solent NHS Trust are co-delivering the programme to local Portsmouth residents. Listen to Emma and Jane here.
- 11 October 2019: Featured on AHSN Network website as a news article.
- 11 October 2019: Featured on the Health Innovation Manchester website, 'ESCAPE-pain offers new approach for people living with arthritis in Greater Manchester for awareness week'.
- 11 October 2019: BBC news broadcast a special feature on ESCAPE-pain as part of National Arthritis Week. BBC London interviewed Professor Mike Hurley and ESCAPE-pain participant, Regina Yillah. ESCAPE-pain was featured on both the morning and evening programmes.
- 9 October 2019: Hear Professor Mike Hurley in this podcast 'ESCAPE-pain to the country – sunny Famous Five story or Grimm fairy tale?’.
- 30 September 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured in a Daily Mail supplement on Arthritis. Read the full supplement here.
- 30 September 2019: Featured on the Medical Life Sciences News website – ‘Kingston University’s award-winning rehabilitation program receives national recognition’.
- 19 September 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured in Issue 26 of Innov-age Magazine, "Helping people with knee, hip and back pain understand how to manage their problems by being physically active" (Pages 4-7). Innov-age is a free magazine developed to raise awareness and share best practice for older people. It is aimed at clinicians, healthcare professionals, academics, people working with older people and anyone with an interest in the issues surrounding caring for older people.
- 27 August 2019: "Six-week Winyates course to showcase new ways to escape pain" - read all about the next ESCAPE-pain programme starting up in early September in the Redditch Standard.
- 25 August 2019: Hear Professor Mike Hurley talk about ESCAPE-pain on the AHSN Network Innovation Exchange podcast. Episode 1 'Healthy Ageing' explores the challenges facing our health and care service in relation to ageing.
- 24 August 2019: "Scheme to help beat pain in long-term sufferers continues in Redditch" - read all about the delivery of the ESCAPE-pain programme in Redditch covered by the Halesowen News, the Redditch & Alcester Advertiser and the Kidderminster Shuttle.
- 20 August 2019: Hear Professor Mike Hurley speak about the ESCAPE-pain programme on BBC Suffolk Radio
- 19 August 2019: 'New programme rolling out across Norfolk' - read on the KL FM website how ESCAPE-pain is expanding into Norfolk.
- 15 August 2019: "“I’m feeling good, better than I was, and it’s all through exercise.” ESCAPE-pain participant Ken interviewed for a Versus Arthritis case study
- August 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured in the Versus Arthritis Network News newsletter
- 13 August 2019: "ESCAPE-pain programme reaches 200 UK sites". This month the ESCAPE-pain programme launched its 200th site in the UK. It now operates in every region in England, with sites also operating in Wales and Northern Ireland. Over 13,000 people have attended the programme to date. Read more about the programme here.
- 18 July 2019: 'Holmes Chapel pensioner transforms her life with ESCAPE-pain class' - read how Joan Allard transformed her quality of life in the Knutsford Guardian
- 3 July 2019: 'New service introduced for Osteoarthritis patients in borough' - Read the Richmond and Twickenham Times' news piece on the local upcoming ESCAPE-pain sites.
- July 2019: Featured in the monthly ARMA newsletter (see under 'member posts).
- 25 June 2019: Featured on the ARMA website, 'Case study of improved mobility and independence'.
- 20 June 2019: ESCAPE-pain is proud to be listed in the new guidance launched by Public Health England, NHS England and Versus Arthritis on ‘Musculoskeletal health: 5 year prevention strategic framework’.
- 13 June 2019: Read the News article from 'News Post Leader' - ‘New Northumberland exercise classes to help ease arthritis - New exercises classes have been launched to help residents struggling with arthritis or osteoarthritis.’
- 7 June 2019: 'Harrogate arthritis sufferer hails 'active' scheme' - Listen back to Jill Quinn's interview with on Stray FM where she talks about her experience of the ESCAPE-pain programme and how it has turned her life around.
- June 2019: ESCAPE-pain is featured in the AHSN Network impact report 2018/19.
- June 2019: Read the ESCAPE-pain case study in the new AHSN Network magazine - The Innovators. The magazine draws together insights and learning on how healthcare innovation is transforming lives.
- June 2019: ESCAPE-pain featured in recently launched NHS Innovation Acceleration brochure (page 37).
- 18 February 2019: West of England Academic Health Science Network published a blog by ESCAPE-pain Project Manager, Megan Kirbyshire ‘Taking a step outside of the clinical bubble’.
- 5 February 2019: ESCAPE-pain was included in the The Saints Foundation / Wright Foundation Pathway to Health arthritis project. Tackling Arthritis with Exercise at Saints Foundation Pathway to Health.
- 4 February 2019: ESCAPE-pain Gujarati story featured in February 2019 Academic Health Science Network newsletter.
- 16 January 2019: ESCAPE-pain referenced in a news article, 'NHS plan: direct and specific references to physiotherapy' on pages 8-9 in Volume 25, Issue 2 of Frontline (the physiotherapy magazine for CSP members). You may need to subscribe to access the full issue.
- 7 January 2019: ESCAPE-pain class at the Barbara Castle Way Health Centre, run by East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust in Blackburn, was featured in a BBC news bulletin at 1pm, by BBC health correspondent, Dominic Hughes. In the context of the newly launched NHS Long Term Plan, the piece goes on to say how the class will ease pressure on other parts of the health service and how this will be a key feature for the future plans of the NHS.
- 7 January 2019: ESCAPE-pain participants at the Barbara Castle Way Health Centre run by East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust in Blackburn were featured in a BBC Radio 4 news bulletin at 6pm, by BBC health correspondent, Dominic Hughes.
- December 2018: ESCAPE-pain article featured in the 2018 Autumn/Winter edition of Agility, the Chartered Physiotherapists working with Older People journal. The theme of this edition was 'Active Ageing' and our article ‘Tackling inactivity in older adults with chronic joint pain through community and leisure partnerships’ featured on pages 18-21. The journal articles are member only and you must subscribe directly to Agility for full access.
- 7 August 2018: Dr Paul Bowen, a GP in Cheshire, talks about the ESCAPE-pain programme that is being delivered in his local area, and how it can help improve the lives of people living with osteoarthritis/chronic joint pain. Read the full news article here.
- 24 July 2018: ESCAPE-pain identified as one of the top 5 case studies in a RAND Europe report commissioned by Public Health England to review the current landscape of health and wellbeing interventions available to employers.
- July 2018: ESCAPE-pain featured in NIHR themed review of musculoskeletal recommendations - The programme has been showcased in the latest NIHR Dissemination Centre report 'Moving Forward'. The report highlights the importance of physiotherapy in improving and reducing the negative effects associated with musculoskeletal conditions. ESCAPE-pain has been commended for its improvement of patient-care and its encouragement of self-care.
- 28 June 2018: Better Care for Osteoarthritis - watch this new promotional video produced by one of our leisure sector providers, Everybody Sport & Recreation Limited, and see their website for further details.
- 21 June 2018: ESCAPE-pain had an article published, 'Tackling inactivity and osteoarthritis through a health and community leisure partnership' in Perspectives in Public Health Volume 138 Issue 4.
- CIMSPA Accreditation - ESCAPE-pain training is accredited by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity and now forms part of their Skills Development Partner network.
- 5 March 2018: My Story - Arlene Rowe used to suffer from terrible pain because of her Osteoarthritis (OA), and found her life becoming more and more restrictive. Read her story and hear her explain the transformative impact that ESCAPE-pain has had on her physical and mental wellbeing.
Webpage last reviewed: 31 December 2019
Webpage last updated: 31 December 2019