Useful links: Joint Pain
- NHS guidance
- read the official NHS guidance on Osteoarthritis to learn more about the condition, its symptoms, the treatment and support available, and advice on how to live with the condition.
- Versus Arthritis
- The Versus Arthritis website has an abundance of information, guidance and tips for people living with different types of arthritis. The Osteoarthritis pages can be found here.
- They also have information specifically on how to manage your pain at home to assist people during the current health crisis.
- Versus Arthritis also have a dedicated free helpline 0800 5200 520 open Monday–Friday, 9am–6pm. The advisors bring together information and advice about arthritis into one place to provide tailored support. Find out more about the helpline here.
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- is the professional, educational and trade union body for the UK's 59,000 chartered physiotherapists, physiotherapy students and support workers. They also have pages aimed at patients and the public.
- The CSP have also published new resources to support people self-managing their musculoskeletal conditions. These resources are supported by NHS England and NHS Improvement as part of the MSK leadership group which also includes the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA), the British Society for Rheumatology (BSR), the CSP, Versus Arthritis and the Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA). The resources cover shoulder pain, neck pain, back pain, elbow pain, hand pain, hip pain, knee pain, ankle pain, foot pain and pain management.
- For tips on managing your hip pain - see here.
- For tips on managing your knee pain - see here.
- Arthritis Action
- is a charity offering hands-on, practical help for people with arthritis to improve their quality of life whilst living with the condition. They offer their Members healthy eating advice, clinical appointments, exercise tips and pain management techniques whether or not they are having medical treatment.
- The Pain Toolkit
- comprises a number of resources for healthcare professionals and people living with persistent pain.
- ESCAPE-pain Facebook page
- ESCAPE-pain East of England Facebook page
- Health Unlocked: Arthritis Action
- Is a large social network for health, with 1 million members across the globe, and growing. They connect people with the same health conditions, where they can share experiences and get answers to questions about their chronic conditions and wellbeing needs - empowering people with knowledge for enhanced self-care. This link is to their Arthritis Action page which has over 5,000 members.
- Versus Arthritis Online Community
- An online community for people living with arthritis and people caring and supporting those living with arthritis to share experiences and ask questions. A safe space for people living with arthritis to access and give support.
Page last reviewed: 1 June 2020. Page last updated: 1 June 2020. Next review date: 1 July 2020